Our “Rocket Girl” tee features an ombré watercolor-inspired design in dark blue and lilac with hints of pink. Our design features a Bezlo Girl astronaut and a rocket ship flying through space. Three questions about space are printed on the back of as part of our #AskMe campaign. When you receive your tee, check this page to learn the answers to the questions and be ready to share your knowledge of space with the world!
100% ringspun semi-combed tagless white cotton tee with screen print on front and grey calligraphic print on back
- What are the 8 planets in our solar system?
- Who spent the longest time in space?
- What does a spacesuit do?
- There are 8 planets in our solar system. The planets listed in order from closest to furthest from the sun are:
- Gennady Pedalka holds the world record for the longest time spent in space. Over the course of 5 missions, he spent a total of 879 days in space! Peggy Whitson holds the US record of 665 days spent in space, and also holds the world record for the oldest spacewoman at the age of 57. She is the most experienced female spacewalker with 10 outings. On her latest mission, she travelled 122.2 million miles and went round the Earth 4,623 times!
- Outer space is a very challenging place to explore. There is no oxygen in space, so humans would not be able to breathe. The temperatures are incredibly freezing unless you are in the sunlight, where the temperatures are burning hot. To survive in space, you need a suit that surrounds you with air to breathe and protects your body from the cold and the heat. Spacesuits even contain drinkable water and a built-in toilet – it’s like a tiny spaceship for one! Some spacesuits even have a rocket-powered backpack, which allows the astronaut to fly around in space!